DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma 70-200 mm f/2.8 II EX APO DG MACRO HSM

messiah17

Hey!

Im looking for some full resolution sample pictures taken with Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX MACRO II lens.

Thx for all ur replys.

Greetings!

messiah17....I have the older version of this lens...the HSM...tack-sharp...and very fast...I have had several Sigma lenses however that were not sharp...I just send them back to Sigma for a spec-out and check-up...and every-one of them came back spot-on...the Q/C at some of the plants must not be up to par...but Sigma has always stepped up and corrected any issues for me...new lenses I just send the receipt with the lens...on used lenses...it's 50/50 if you pay for the spec-out...but it is truly worth it...

Good Luck...and let us know what you do...

Tony C.

I have bought Sigma 70-200 MACRO II lens, I hope it will enough sharp. I will post some sample pictures on 200 mm 2.8 soon.

Greetings!

Hi Guys, I have this lens but I am experiencing problems with focus..

It is front focusing and the images are very soft it is very noticeable wide open at 2.8, I am just about to send it back to Sigma to have it calibrated.

mogsyfunk - Make sure and write on a piece of paper SPEC-OUT...and let them know what camera you are using...I usually put my lenses in a plastic bag with a rubber-band around them...and the piece of paper attached by the rubber-band...

I would do this...and you should get it back better than ever....

Good Luck....Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

SPEC-OUT tells the service person to put it back to factory Specifications...if you tell them the type of camera that you would be using..it helps out too..

From my experiences unless there is something else wrong with it...they usually charge you for a cleaning service...on the lens...so depending on the lens...I have paid $50 to $150 for the service...

Hope this helps out....Tony C.

Back