DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Soon a Sigma!

Well, here we are in mid-August 2009 and still no SD15. Some weeks back, I called Sigma directly and asked about the SD15. I got a woman on the phone who seemed less-than-enthusiastic to talk to me about it. She hinted that the SD15 is in limbo with no release date known. She also hinted it may not even come out this year. This was all very disappointing of course. Let's hope Sigma ships this camera asap! Or perhaps it is long-delayed due to a redesign in favor of something better? Pure speculation on my part.

I've waited and waited. No SD15 in sight. My guess is that it was scrapped in favor of a major redesign. So . . . I went ahead and purchased a near-new SD14! :) Should arrive any day now. It already has the Nikon mount on it too. I'm looking forward to shooting some nice photos. :)

Back