DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Spider vs Bee (P950)

gordo

Besides the Nikon P950's long reach, it can also do some close up work. (BTW the spider won) Spider vs Bee.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - COOLPIX P950
  • 5.9 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/2000 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • ISO 100

Holy smokes! Excellent. And you were only @ 33mm "eq" (i.e., 5.9mm)... not even CLOSE to many of the pictures you post @ 357/2000. Did you need to employ a macro mode for close focusing, or can you focus even closer? That would also be fun to see. A very versatile camera. Really nice. And you were there at the right moment, too. I really enjoyed shooting with the FZ30 (way back in the day)... and it was only 35-420.

Thanks! Yes, I put it into macro mode where you can get so close that the lens almost touches the subject. In this case I was in the shrubbery surrounded by buzzing bees so I couldn't get as close as I would have liked.

Back