DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Spoonie Tuesday

Blufftonian

I think it was Spoonie Tuesday here in South Carolina today…

sd_dsc8960.jpeg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D500
  • 500.0 mm f/5.6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Other
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200
sd_dsc8943.jpeg
  • 500.0 mm f/5.6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/800 sec
  • Other
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 360
sd_dsc8933.jpeg
  • 500.0 mm f/5.6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • Other
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 160
sd_dsc8927.jpeg
  • 500.0 mm f/5.6
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • Other
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 280

Roseate Spoobills (and a Wood Stork in the last photo).

I agree, and your light was great. Brilliant captures.

In your last pic: What happened to the bird second left? Looking blue

Great to see and leaves our white royal spoonbills look drab :) Very nicely taken.

Danny.

I agree, and your light was great. Brilliant captures.

In your last pic: What happened to the bird second left? Looking blue
Thank you. He’s just in the shade. It was a hot (95F) late morning here when I took the photos and the group of birds were just starting to get under the shade of a tree.

Great to see and leaves our white royal spoonbills look drab :) Very nicely taken.

Danny.
They are spectacular birds but unlike your royals these birds don’t get any long plumes on their heads in breeding plumage. In fact, breeding adults have bald heads and, as you’d expect, the colour of the plumage is a function of both food sources and the individual’s age. Immature birds - there are several in the above photos - are paler and have fully feathered heads.

It's what I thought but I had to check with you. I get it a lot in my pictures where some areas look not quite part of the scene. Photos are funny that they show you different to what you 'thought you seen'.

Thanks Blufftonian.:daumenhoch-smilie:

Back