DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SPP "Auto Processing" Results

laurence2

In SPP, there is the function of letting the software come up with its "best guess" for processing an X3F file.

I actually prefer to use my own customizations for most images; however, here are some results from the Auto processing that are acceptable.

The usual 3D effect is prevalent, and to me these practice images jump right off the screen. That is marvelous, especially since the ferns are really not separated in a planar fashion!

This is impressive software. I am also pleased with the Auto function rendering of Sharpness - it comes out just about right for my eyes.

Attachments

• Sigma Fern 3D.jpg
    EXIF
    Sigma Fern 3D.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 15
  • Fern Side 2.jpg
    EXIF
    Fern Side 2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Stamen Macro.jpg
    EXIF
    Stamen Macro.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Mallow 3D.jpg
    EXIF
    Mallow 3D.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Mystical Orbit.jpg
    EXIF
    Mystical Orbit.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 13
Hi Lurence,

nice picture results you show here!

Well SIGMA-Digital + manual RAW-processing is a slow business ... it takes its time but it is worth doing each of your shots separately in manual mode. :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Hi Lurence,

nice picture results you show here!

Well SIGMA-Digital + manual RAW-processing is a slow business ... it takes its time but it is worth doing each of your shots separately in manual mode. :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

I totally agree Klaus. Auto is fine, but comes nowhere near the subtleties that can be achieved with the manual RAW processing.

Looking forward to more shots from your camera!

Laurence

Back