DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sunflowers...

Guest .

Banned
Hi All,

well, there are many different options to shoot a sunflower. :) As I am keen on macros ... at the moment ... I thought about another way of taking them.

As I am doing experiments with my new MACRO-ADAPTER ... I tried something new.

Constellation:
SIGMA SD9 / SIGMA 28-80mm HF (@52mm in RETRO position!)

Exposure: / F:5.6 / ..... 1/350s ...... / ISO 200 / exposure correction (-0.5)

Well, SD9 experts know, that SIGMA's "9" tends to underexposure. Therefore, most users have the SD9 expose to a standard correction of (+0.5) ... which I strongly recommend, too.

Whenever you shoot something which contains very bright refelections, you should reduce exposure to a necessary extend.

View attachment 359

View attachment 360

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

P.S.: As always ... if threre are any questions on the issue ... feel free to post a question ... if you are an expert on the issue, please let me know!! :) ... I am a learner myself!

Attachments

• -Sonnenblume1-.JPG
    EXIF
    -Sonnenblume1-.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
  • -Sonnenblume2-.JPG
    EXIF
    -Sonnenblume2-.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 12
tripod?

wonderful idea, i will be trying that this summer!
at 1/350 it seems possible to do handheld, though the mantra is macro=tripod, would be nice to be able to shoot free:)

Hi Solsang,
thanks for the comment! :)

No tripod! I did this freehanded. My wife just had to hold the blade of grass in front of my SIGMA.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back