DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Tether

yukoner

Just curious if anyone has figured out a way to tether an SD14 to a computer so you can see images on-screen as you are shooting?

Norm

re: One possibility?

Thanks for your response. I suspected as much, but it can't hurt to ask as that would make the SD14 so much easier to use in the studio.

Norm

Yes, it is also on my wishlist.

I thought about one possibility. It will not allow you to control the camera, but maybe see the taken picture very shortly after it is taken.
It is the cards that wirelessly transfer the images to a PC - I do not remeber the name or have a link.

kind regards
Øyvind

Yes, it is also on my wishlist.

I thought about one possibility. It will not allow you to control the camera, but maybe see the taken picture very shortly after it is taken.
It is the cards that wirelessly transfer the images to a PC - I do not remeber the name or have a link.

kind regards
Øyvind

Those cards,as far as I know, only can handle jpg format and are very slow.
To set up a connection one needs a wireless accesspoint which can be switched to act as a host,which most accesspoints cannot.
Hacks for some boxes exist but performance is weak.
Other cards are desinged to upload images to the internet directly,which is of no use for the studio / home work.
Regards
Uwe

Re: Dead end

Thanks.
Seems like a dead end.

We just have to cross our fingers for the SD15 then.

kind regards
Øyvind

With the SD10 it is possible to transfer the images to a connected computer
right after each shot via the firewire-connector.
It comes up in SPP.
For some reason it does not work with USB.
I doubt if the SD15 will have firewire or the independent dials for shutter and
aperature.
Regards
Uwe

Well, I make the point that as the SD cams are a delight to use in the studio, I might just continue to wish. :) Sigma, this is JR, come in, over... ;)

Sincere regards, Jim R

Back