DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The Usual Subjects

1971_M5

DPRF-Patron
Top Poster Of Month
The nice thing about these forums/threads... is the gentle "push" to get out and shoot. In a good way. To see what other folks are shooting... and also try to make time for the hobby -- get a shot or two and fiddle in post... It's fun. Here are a few (modes of transport). Airport Way and Harbor Island.

Heading to the refineries in Anacortes:
53476268077_13af7631e6_5k.jpgup-7751-PSE-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

Refueling at Norfolk Street:
53477584735_8ce9887256_5k.jpgbnsf-8157-front-PSE-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

Terminal 18:
53477510565_1c4fffa63b_6k.jpgT-18-cma-cgm-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

South end of Harbor Island:
53477413309_0ad73005cc_4k.jpgharbor-island-tugs-small-crop by John Frantzen, on Flickr

The nice thing about these forums/threads... is the gentle "push" to get out and shoot. In a good way. To see what other folks are shooting... and also try to make time for the hobby -- get a shot or two and fiddle in post... It's fun. Here are a few (modes of transport). Airport Way and Harbor Island.

View attachment 13459up-7751-PSE-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

View attachment 13460bnsf-8157-front-PSE-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

Terminal 18:
View attachment 13461T-18-cma-cgm-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

View attachment 13462harbor-island-tugs-small-crop by John Frantzen, on Flickr
Great set! Like the tug boat photo best. (I think they're tug boats.)

Great photos John!

The night time shots are awesome. But of course I love the trains the best! Those locomotives look great.

I did some Googling and found that UP 7751 is a GE model ES44AC which UP refers to as a C45ACCTE. The BNSF loco 8157 looks the same to my eye but I found it is a model ES44C4.

I had no idea they made so many of this type of locomotive in so many variations!

View attachment 13459up-7751-PSE-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

View attachment 13460bnsf-8157-front-PSE-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

Terminal 18:
View attachment 13461T-18-cma-cgm-small by John Frantzen, on Flickr

View attachment 13462harbor-island-tugs-small-crop by John Frantzen, on Flickr

Back