DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Third-party flash for Aria?

Metz sca 3081 or 3802 / TLA 20

Metz sca 3081 or 3802 / TLA 20 will work.
The aria is small and because of this fact a TLA 20 (you can get for a very low price) is working fine.
A TLA 200 will work with lithium battery but is not really smaller than a TLA 20.
The TLA 360 work very fast (nearly without time for every flash) but ist very big for the Aria.
I think the only disadvantage of the TLA 20 is the lower power and the lower speed.
Best regards

Contax flashes

I cannot comment on the Aria as I don't have one. I had a quick look at my contax flashes, and can report the follwing all have 3 pins on the hotshoe presumably to support TTL flash.

TLA 20 basic flash single source fixed head (no bounce flash) fixed focal length coverage, may not cover a wide angle? without a wide adapter which I don't have. Auto exposure + High and low manual exposure.

TLA 30 basic flash single source variable head for bounce flash fixed focal length coverage, may not cover a wide angle? without a wide adapter which I don't have. Auto exposure + Full, half and quarter manual exposure.

TLA 280 dual source variable head for bounce flash + fixed fill in flash, variable focal length coverage. Auto exposure + Full, half and quarter manual exposure.

I hope that this helps.

Paul

Back