DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

Sinds july i own a cp 5700 and have a 2 problems with it. I don't know if this is a operator error or a camera error.
1 st: 50% of my indoor, dim light pictures are out of focus. Outdoor pictures are most of the time oke. In focus en very goed of colour. I tried al kind of combinations in the setup menu and different circumstances but the result is more or less the same.
2nd: Indoor flash pictures (internal flash) are fot 90% overexposed. This is easy to correct in photo shop, but never the less.....
I have red a lot of forums, but the out of focus problem i never encouter. So i though it must be a camera fault. I send it to Nikon and got it back with the notice that noting was wrong with it.
I had a Nikon 6006 (601) fot over 12 yrs and had never (except in bad conditions) pictures out of focus (I have a staddy hand).
Does anyone has a clou????
8141.jpg

Read my question April-16-2003 and answer on it. I had the some problems.
You can use the speedlight option in camera menu (+, -) for correct the overexpose.

Unsharp picture ?

You can take a picture with shorter exp. time then 1/125 sec without of speedlight !?

If you take a picture with 2/3 to max ZOOM, you haven't a staddy hand ....

Tell as more about shooting data.

The picture shown in the forum : iso 200; speed 1/125; app 3.7 ; normal exposure program. When the photo's taken with interal flash and over exposed the speed is alway 1/60 and app. 2.8 to 4.0. By the way, I have a staddy hand, but when the speed is 1/4 it's not likely to have a sharp picture, I know that but the picture shown has other settings and isn't in focus. The camera has troubble to get in focus. The green light keeps blinking, so the camera knows it is not in focus but is not able to set it right!! Paul.

>Do you have any experiance with pictures out of focus. In dim light (indoor) 50 % of the foto's are out of focus. Paul

>I don't have any experience with this camera, but when you say it is in dim light then I guess that it is simply too dark for the AF to function. > groetjes, Claus

> That's an open door. Offcourse I 've checked the light. But in a livingroom with normal artificial light, my nikon 601 and my friends fuij602 has no problems at all. If i take 5 times the same picture (light, speed, app etc.) 3 are out of focus. Paul.

>I don't know if you have an EV curve available for that camera. If so you could look up the value of your aperture shutter speed combination and see if the AF can handle it. > A workaround would be to have a small flash light (flash light as in zak l&) to illuminate your subject for focusing and turn it of for the actual shot, if you can lock AF.

I've ben using my 5700 for about 9 months and on occasion my viewfinder is about half way filled with a vertical light flash. Any ideas or suggestions?

I've just got a SpeedLight SB-80DX flashgun for my CP5700. Does anyone know how this (used off-camera) will interact with the built-in flashgun? Will the latter simply lighten the shadows without requiring exposure compensation?

Whenever I try to use the zoom on the 5700, I notice a clicking sound inside...sounds very much like mice scurrying inside... Is this normal???

Thanks!

Will

Back