DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What do you do with your prints

gjames52

Greetings:

Sometime ago I believe Marc asked how do you store your slides. Not having a system I'd hoped that someone had a surefire method, as mine are vastly unorganized, although dated and identified by location, they are , in slide trays, straight and round, sleeves, and stored shoe boxes that fill book selves and closets. I also have about 4 years worth that I have not mounted yet.

As for the relative few number of prints, many are framed, sitting in boxes, in closets, under beds, and a few on the walls.

So, if you have a method for storing slides or prints, please share it, if your situation is similar to mine please respond, at least that would make me feel a little better.

Regards:

Gilbert

Every print gets a number [yyyy-rrr-ff]where y = year, r = roll, and f = frame, written on the back. This includes even the duplicates. The negatives are in negative file pages and loaded into binders. Prints that do not make it into an album are put in order in boxes that are in order. I can go back 30 years and locate the negative, if the person requesting the print will look for the number on the back.

Does this help?

Opps, you wanted me to help you feel better!
z04_auslachen.gif

Steve

Back