DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What will this be called

Has everyone on this forum died? No posts for over 6 months and with a camera like the A100. C'mon, let's talk.

I just got mine a week ago and I'm trying to learn all about it. It's got some advantages over the 7D and it leaves out some things but that's to be expected since this is basically an upgraded 5D.

Has anyone heard of a follow-up to the A100? I've heard nothing at all and CES is over. Very strange I was expecting another model.

I went ahead and bought some new memory too: a SanDisk 4GB Extreme IV chip. In RAW+JPEG, it will hold 203 pictures. I'm going to the zoo soon to see what this camera can do, especially in conjunction with the 200-500 Tamron I just got as well.

Santa brought me an Alpha...

So far, I'm likin it a lot!

The kit 18-70 lens seems fairly nice, with good range and clarity. I like the way it feels in my hands (not quite as nice as the Nikon D200, but hey, its half the price!)and my first images seem to be fairly nice (I'm conservative, so bare with me...)

My only complaint, so far...and it may be because I haven't acquainted myself with all of the camera's nuances..., is that when you set the ISO, shoot a few frames and then turn the camera off, it reverts back to auto when you restart. I would prefer a way to set and hold the ISO.

The fonts on the display menus seem chunky and unrefined, but very legible.

The dual flash card/memorystick capability is nice.

The head turns and exclamations, "That's a Sony?" are interesting too...

Back