DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

When making vids from bursts of still images at 20 fps -- have you found a way to stabilise the image between shots used?

areallygrumpyoldsod

I recently returned from the Maasai Mara where in addition to taking many hours of 8k footage I also took a series of burst actions sequences at 20 fps and in addition to process a selection of stills I have converted these into short video sequences at 50% and 75% playback speed.
Since I shoot Nikon Z9 8K in N-RAW I use DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio (DVR) -- now I am back "home" I am looking for a way to generate a more stable look for these images -- I will deal with colour/lighting differences - but now since I was shooting with a 400/2.8 on a panning plate on a bean bag the image jumps when seen as a vid and so I am looking for a way to "stabilise" the subject as it moves from frame to frame. All images are full frame full res and so I can easily crop within them to create a stabilised end result.

Is there a tool or way that I can do this in DVR that you have used for this purpose?

Here are a few examples:

Back