DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Why pics underexposed

> I use T400CN all the time and set the ISO to 100. Negs are perfect. > > Dave > Yes the negatives definitely looks useful, but the prints that came > back didn't. I guess I could have asked the processor to pull process > the film.

T400CN exposed in a Contax Camera is awesome. But you need to rate it at 100 or leave the auto ISO on and over expose by 2 stops. The latitude will cover anything and give you great negatives with outstanding shadow detail. I am prinitng right now a neg. I shot in a cave in the Canyon De Chelly 30 minutes after sundown. Exposure was for 4 minutes. Fantastic.

I would suggest if your prints didn't come back useful to print them yourself. But they should have given you great prints even if printed in a Noritzu minilab.

Dave

Back