DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Winter at the marsh

redrobin

New to the forum and Sigma. But the money I saved up to replace my Canon G5 went to a new SD14.
I new pocket camera will have to wait after seeing what I'm getting from the 14 a DP1 will most likely be in my future 8^)
Still getting used to the camera and SPP. It can be a real challenge on my Mac. I have gotten used to doing 90% of what I need in Aperture with no RAW support for Sigma it's a pain.
Here are a few of my early shots. C&C welcome
All taken with the 18-50 2,6 EX
View attachment 1255

Some times I found the 18 after crop to tight

View attachment 1256

A week earlier before a late winter thaw

View attachment 1257

Thanks for looking please comment. Others from the beach can be found here
http://patandrich.smugmug.com/gallery/7402438_URzXg#476910444_c8YvU

Rich, So new have not even set up a signature yet 8^)

Attachments

• SDIM0521 NX Resize.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0521 NX Resize.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 21
  • SDIM0579 Resize.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0579 Resize.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 22
  • SDIM0439 test Resize.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0439 test Resize.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 24
Hi,

The first one, with the bare birches, these are a fav of mine in the winter. They seem to have such a dramatic silhouette against a blue sky.

I tend to find the same with the crop on some of my shots, I have 18-200, and even at 18 after a crop it is not what I had hoped for. So I went to a 17-35 hoping it would be better. Have not had a chance to use it outside yet.

All three have nice subject matter and color / composition. : )

Robert

Nice landscapes indeed containing beautiful colours!

I like it! :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Klaus,
Thank you. You have some very nice macro shots with lenses not normally thought of as macro lenses.
I'm looking forward to seeing how well the 18-50 does. I'm used to working with 1:1 lenses.
Rich

Hi,

The first one, with the bare birches, these are a fav of mine in the winter. They seem to have such a dramatic silhouette against a blue sky.

I tend to find the same with the crop on some of my shots, I have 18-200, and even at 18 after a crop it is not what I had hoped for. So I went to a 17-35 hoping it would be better. Have not had a chance to use it outside yet.

All three have nice subject matter and color / composition. : )

Robert

Robert,
Thanks, I do love the colors that are rendered by the SD14. I did not realize the difference between 1.5 and 1.7 till I started shooting 27 vs 31 does not sound like a lot but it is when shooting, 27 was usually OK on my Nikons
Rich

Regardless of the width from the focal length, these are all VERY crisp, VERY beautifully toned images. Way to go!

Back