DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Wish List Dynax Maxxum 9D

Like many, I have been waiting for years to get my hands on a full frame digital camera but increasing film and processing prices forced my hand before that could happen and I have purchased a Maxxum D7 and Tamron lenses. Generally the quality is very good. Even at 6 MP, my work appears to be at least as sharp as that which I've obtained from a Minolta X-700 with Vivitar Series I lenses and Kodachrome film so this feature has declined somewhat in importance to me. If the Maxxum 9 does have a full frame format, I think a killer feature for this camera would be an APS-C setting so that lenses for the Maxxum 7D would work until one could afford full format lenses.

Frankly, if KM brought out a Maxxum D8 with a 8-10 MP CCD, I'd probably get that one instead.

Definitely, the AF system needs to be more robust as the 7D gets fooled too often. I still do a lot of manual focusing.

Screens need to be user-interchangeable too!

A more powerful processor to permit RAW files to be enlarged for inspection of sharpness is needed too.

Back