DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yellow-bellied sapsucker

Barbie Heid

It must be November, because my yellow-bellied sapsuckers are back. I only see them, a pair, during migration time, two weeks in April and again in November. I'll have to keep trying to get a shot I like of both though; she shows up before dawn and he just before sunset (this is the male). I don't know what they do with the rest of their day.

NIK_3209 final 4000.jpg

How coincidental. My wife and I were wondering where our sapsuckers were this year as we had none in the spring. However, just today I saw one between me and a neighbor.
I had no camera and thus no proof, you'll have to take my word for it.

How coincidental. My wife and I were wondering where our sapsuckers were this year as we had none in the spring. However, just today I saw one between me and a neighbor.
I had no camera and thus no proof, you'll have to take my word for it.
This is only the second year, after living here almost 20, that I've ever had them in my yard.

Back