DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yes photoshopped this image

Dino26323

DPRF-Patron
I was at Cannock Chase park in south and lined this shot up ready for deer to arrive. I waited . I waited . I waited.
They did not enter the picture and so I will have to try again on another occasion.
Photoshop allowed me to easily make the image into something that I was hoping to achieve. It was not too difficult on this occasion. I used a photo also taken yesterday and photoshopped the deer into the approximate right place. Yes it is completely digital manipulated. cheated or sin and whatever else you would call it. I can dream of getting this shot properly someday. Notice how great the Samyang 85mm F1.4 looks though. Very impressive lens and so light to carry along with my 300mm. All the best shots were actually taken with this 85mm yesterday. It was just one of those days when the 300mm just did not find much to take that looked much good at least.

IMGP3001-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5 II s
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/30 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 80

Sorry it is photoshopped. You and me both.

Regards Dino26323

Is it anymore a "sin" than super blurred waterfalls or ocean waves, or cloning out a beer can from that perfect meadow shot?

I rather like the results, and I appreciate your comments.

Is it anymore a "sin" than super blurred waterfalls or ocean waves, or cloning out a beer can from that perfect meadow shot?

I rather like the results, and I appreciate your comments.
Well it is a tricky one to answer. I believe personally in telling people that the deer were stolen from another image and that way my conscience is not too badly hurt. I got back home very late because I was hoping to capture the scene for real with the real deer. They have crossed that path a few times before when I have been there so it is not exactly a pin in a haystack.
We all cheat perhaps and we all have some kind of moral compass that we may break now and again. In this case I had luckily captured a suitable set of deer on the same day and was happy they slotted in quite easily so long as one does not pixel peep.

Regards Dino26323

This taken the same day. This one is a real photo.
Later on the exact same deer were spooked by my advances and scarpered very quickly even though I was no where near this close. There is logic actually but I will not bore you. Basically I was too aggressive when they were out in the open. I misjudged them.

I may pay to be a patron or well just this occasion for one year. I need to look into the facts around cancelling that next time.

IMGP1127-2 copy.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX K-1
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/125 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Regards Dino26323

Back