DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Birmingham with K7

Here are 5 from today.

There were some obvious colour ones again but I have not posted them today. But yes some were better in colour.

K7 Samyang 135mm F2.

IMGP4498-1.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 135.0 mm
  • 1/45 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4670-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/180 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4685-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/180 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4690-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/180 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4704-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/180 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Regards Dino26323

These are from today's shots.

K7 and 135mm F2 Samyang wide open every shot.

The colour one is curious at the end. The lady in green is a stand out colour and she is isolated with focus ring. Nice colour version over black and white again.

IMGP4718-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 135.0 mm
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4732-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 135.0 mm
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4740-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 135.0 mm
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4775-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 135.0 mm
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP4793-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • A Series Lens
  • 135.0 mm
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

Regards Dino26323

Hello

Goodbye.

Regards Dino26323

Hello
My Samyang 135mm does not connect electronically even though it is supposed to. I tried 2 copies. Fortunately I decided to keep it anyway because the images looked good after some testing on landscapes and yes bokeh looked quite good actually at the time of testing. Most all the time I shoot wide open. Yes sometimes this is wrong on some shots and I should have stopped down but on the streets there is not time for too much complex changing settings. Some building shots at infinity I stop down to F4 or F5.6 and this gets a better image because of many reasons.
I know many are not all that great and many are ordinary but I like to keep it going and that motivates me.
There are a lot of people approaching me just lately and this has lead to some great posed or controlled photos. This is partly because I shoot so often. It is a journey and the posted photos are only part of the journey.

Regards Dino26323
Dino, if it called to you and you liked it, IS great. You're right, it's a journey, and since I have never been to your neck of the woods, I appreciate the view you give us into your neighborhood.

Dino, if it called to you and you liked it, IS great. You're right, it's a journey, and since I have never been to your neck of the woods, I appreciate the view you give us into your neighborhood.
I totally understand that some people think street shots are crap and anyone can do better.
Street Photography is a crazy thing. Is it good is it rubbish. It is both a lot of the time to different people.

Regards Dino26323
There are going to be many people that think these are complete rubbish street shots. Many people. Regards the thread.
I will keep doing them though until I run out of motivation again. They fascinate me. All the chaotic ways they are captured is all joy to me when I see them.
I am a strange one indeed.

Regards Dino26323

My D700 missed a lot of shots today that would have been good shots. Ok decent average shots ( that i like ).
Weather was awful with drizzle non stop all day. The D700 was actually pretty wet. I hope I have not damaged it.
Here are 5 of the shots from Today. That did not work. The rules have changed. Here are 3 shots from today.

DSC_3190-1 copy.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D700
  • 105.0 mm f/1.4
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

DSC_3212-1 copy.jpg
  • 105.0 mm f/1.4
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

DSC_3217-1 copy.jpg
  • 105.0 mm f/1.4
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/350 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

Regards Dino26323

Here are some from today.
They are still 1600 wide actually because I used same save action for now. I might up it to just 2400 or something. They look ok here and they are just street shots.

K7 and Samyang 135mm F2.

IMGP4908-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4917-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4943-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/750 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4957-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/750 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4969-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/750 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP4975-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/750 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Regards Dino26323

Great images. The 1st with the man holding the kid's hand is amazing. The man is fiddling with his phone and paying no attention to traffic . The kid is focused on where they are headed. The kid is his "seeing eye dog" . What a comment on modern life.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla

Great images. The 1st with the man holding the kid's hand is amazing. The man is fiddling with his phone and paying no attention to traffic . The kid is focused on where they are headed. The kid is his "seeing eye dog" . What a comment on modern life.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
You may be right kind of but perhaps it is not so strong as that.
I noticed the lad and watched him and framed him just inside the picture. That was real and I moved camera angle right as they approached so he was always in the picture. K7 is quiet and they hardly notice sometimes. Years ago I shot a girl in a doorway with Pentax 50 to 135mm and she had no idea she was in the picture because the lens is so long length she thought I was looking way past her. The D700 is very loud but that can also be an advantage sometimes. and AF can be an advantage on some shot situations. There are no right and wrong ways to shooting town city type shots in my opinion because everything has advantages and disadvantages. High iso is not exactly needed but then again it allows one to stop down so someone else may like it to use. I love doing them sometimes and the pictures can be surprising now and again. I realize most are ordinary but it is great to see them on the Laptop always.
Regards Dino26323

Here are some from today. I have upped file size to 2600 wide so basically it is still quite small but they look fine and adobe IQ just 10 instead of 12 saves a ton of memory.
IMGP5141-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP5229-2.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-7
  • K or M Lens
  • 1/2000 sec