DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Buy Panasonic g9 or g9ii

lepewhi

Hi all,
I'm looking to get a body that is weather sealed. I recently had a couple of close calls when out and caught in rain storm. I was thinking about the g90/95, but the g9 used is compelling. I know that the g9ii has 25mpegs whereas the g9 has 20. Would I notice à difference if I don't print? And there's a new focus system in the new version. I would use it for birding and other outdoor activities. I can get à used g9 for about 1/3rd the price of the g9ii. Is the g9ii that much better? BTW, I don't shoot video. Any thoughts?
Thanks, lepewhi

I have a G90 and a G9.2. Both are great. The G9.2 is better. Not only for the extea. Mp, but the focus is wonderful. The preburst, the 8 way joystick, the…i have shot with the old G9, that was good, but the new one is better, much better. Buy into proven new technology. The camera is a joy to use. Results are very good.

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. Will probably wait for Black Friday sales. It's not like I buy à camera every day ;>)

Make sure that you take the G9ii in your hands in a shop before you buy. It is totally different in size than the G9 mk1. A lot bigger. The G9ii has the exact same body like the fullframe Lumix S5ii.

But, as I understand, the weight is the same? But I waffle, I'm considering the G9 original, as I'm not a pro, and the original is good enough for me. But, if the mkii come within reach (financially) before Christmas, who knows?

Back