DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax ND

Don,

That "other company" that developed sRGB was Microsoft, and I believe the intent was a gamut suitable for monitors.

DJ

Posted by DJ Garcia on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 7:28 am:

Don,

That "other company" that developed sRGB was Microsoft, and I believe the intent was a gamut suitable for monitors.

DJ

Thanks,

I see that HP has some sRGB pages, and I also found a site describing sRGB64.

I also see something about scRGB but it may well deal only with monitors.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,470402,00.asp

Roger wrote: "N digital cameras was sent back to Contax. First Contax offers a 10% rebate and then recalls the remaining stock.<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">• IS rather interesting, Roger. This suggests that some modification are being done to the cameras - and these modifications might be offeres existing owners as well at some point in time.

The procedure might be similar to when the G1 was Launched. Also some modifications was being offered to existing G1-owners at the time the G2 was launched some 1-2 years later.

So now we are all waiting for the N2, I guess...

Jakob

Roger wrote: "N digital cameras was sent back to Contax. First Contax offers a 10% rebate and then recalls the remaining stock."

This IS rather interesting, Roger. This suggests that some modification are being done to the cameras - and these modifications might be offered existing owners as well at some point in time.

The procedure might be similar to when the G1 was Launched. Also some modifications was being offered to existing G1-owners at the time the G2 was launched some 1-2 years later.

So now we are all waiting for the N2, I guess...

Jakob

When I spoke to Kyocera marketing group, they told me that there are two cameras in the works. One is a "low cost" NX based amateur digital camera, but another one is a professional body. They did not say anything about resolution, though.

Irakly,

That's actually great news. It really wouldn't take a lot to turn the base ND to a real pro instrument, and they have shown they can in the RTS family. And I'm sure resolution will be in the 1Ds / Pro-14 range - they're not THAT stupid (I hope)!

I do hope they come up with some hardware upgrade program to deal with the ND's buffer and turn-on delay limitations. And reviewable RAWs would be a big plus - in my case I would actually use it.

I've now got so much sunk into lenses I can only hope they follow through on making a higher end PRO digital. The ND can always take the back-up position.

And maybe, the software for a new Digital will help out the ND. But somehow I think that won't happen.

Marc, we both know that this is not about the money put into it
happy.gif

I'm looking for a portable storage solution for my ND images - most of which I take in RAW. Does anyone have any experience of "Image Bank" type devices & can give recomendations.
I'm going on holiday to the USA in the summer (from Scotland) and want a storage solution which will not be as cumbersome as a laptop.
I don't need a preview screen, but having file details visible is important.
All suggestions would be welcome.

Andy,

When I went to New Zealand, I took an iPAQ pocket PC with a dual-slot CF sleeve with me, and it was enough so I could review and transfer my images from my "shooting" CF to my "storage" media, which in my case were Microdrives. A bit slow but compact and serviceable, and you can preview too.

DJ

Back