DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Could someone change the Pentax SLR Talk subtitle please

RemcoR

Let's make a fresh start and get rid of the subtitle DPreview used, namely the mention of the ancient "*ist D series".

Hi Remco,

all chnages regarding the structure or naming of the forums will be discussed and done probably in May. We want to focus first on helping the new members to get more familiar with the features of the forum.

Maybe also earlier, but I rather would do this then for all subforums in one step. That would be less work and we do not miss anything.

My suggestion (when the time is right):
"the place to discuss K-mount APS-C and FF Pentax SLR digital cameras, and Pentax K-mount SLR lenses, such as the much talked about 55-550mm f/4-6.3 AW lens"

... I got you covered... ;)

Hi Remco,

all chnages regarding the structure or naming of the forums will be discussed and done probably in May. We want to focus first on helping the new members to get more familiar with the features of the forum.

Maybe also earlier, but I rather would do this then for all subforums in one step. That would be less work and we do not miss anything.
Great Dirk. Perhaps also a check on the security of the site. Firefox says it isn't save (yet)

How about also changing “SLR” in the title to “DSLR”? Unless, that is, you don’t want to exclude discussions of Pentax film cameras. (Where did I put my old K1000?) The problem for me with using SLR is that, strictly speaking and historically, it refers only to film-based single-lens reflex cameras. The D was added, obviously, to distinguish digital from film when the former first came out. In actual use, DSLR has not been used as a subset of SLR but to refer to a different kind of product altogether.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but Drpreview destroyed our time-schedule. DPreview announced, they will close on April 10th, but they are still open at April 22. All our plans to move on, change things, add new fetaures etc. had to be postponed.

But we will not postpone forever. We have to discus this first internally.

Last edited:
Sorry for the inconvenience, but Drpreview destroyed our time-schedule. DPreview announced, they will close on April 10th, but they are still open at April 22. All our plans to move on, change things, add new fetaures etc. had to be postponed.

But we will not postpone forever. We have to discus this first internally.
Hi Dirk,
It's in good hands with you and we appreciate all your hard work!

Back