DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Glencoe last week

Gloomy1

This is a trial to see if people actually look at images and perhaps comment on them. Taken in the cold and rain, Spring hasn't really happened in Highland Scotland but the midges aren't active yet so you win some and you lose some. Ken
_DSC7148-2 copy.jpg
  • SONY - ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 12-24mm F4 G
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/2 sec
  • Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

_DSC7180-1 7177 merge copy.jpg
  • SONY - ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 12-24mm F4 G
  • 12.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/1 sec
  • Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Yes, I ken…

Yes, that WAS witty! And I always look... when I see a Gloomy1 post. Excellent work... as usual. That's some beautiful rugged territory. Don't fall in! Wouldn't want to hurt the gear. Thanks for sharing. I have a ND filter (B+W 77 ND 0,9 - 3 BL 8x E) -- just need to use it (uhhhh... learn how to use it). Your pictures make me want to "get out" and away from the city. Maybe I will do that over the weekend? Not that I would come back with anything like this... but thanks for the inspiration. ;-)

I see it on the map. Alongside A82 (approx. 10 km SE from Glencoe). COOL. It's like you're in another world... yet the roadway is right there. Hiking is fun, but that's a nice situation access-wise (River Coe). I will try to find some interesting roadside landscapes around here -- although not THAT dramatic!

Back