DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Good Cheap Source For GSystem Bag

Thanks for the reply. You are right as I have seen one or two bags but they are tied up in a system. If you decide to sell this bag I will make you a nice offer. Harbert Lee harbert.lee@siemens.com

Has anyone used Lowepro products with the G system?

Can the G system fit in a belt-pack or belt-pouch? I'm looking for something small to hold G2, 28, 45, 90, TL200 (and a few rolls of film)for day outings and must be able to leave my hands free (hence the need for a belt-type bag).

I've good experiences with Lowepro Reporter100, which has a shoulder-strap but also a possibility to carry with a belt for better weight distribution.

John,

I looked at first at solutions with a belt-pack containing at least a camera + 2 lenses but did not find any convenient models, and finally changed for a different solution.

I use a "normal" backpack in which I carry all my equipment (G1 + G2 + 4 lenses + flash). The flash and lenses are protected by the standard cases, whereas the G1 and G2 are kept in 2 belt-pouches, which have enough space for the camera + a mounted lens. This means I can carry one of the cameras at my waist whenever I need it, or put a second lense in the pouch when I hold the camera in my hands.

Olivier.

I've good experiences with Lowepro S&F Reporter 200 AW: lots of room = in a small bag, keeps your things dry even in very bad weather. Very = easy to carry!

Frank.

John,

I use a Lowepro Nova 1 shoulder bag. It carries a G2, 28/45/90, TLA 140 + TLA 200 and at least 4 films.
Note: There is a version with an adapted shoulder piece, which can be carried substantially more pleasantly. Unfortunately I bought the version with the continuous shoulder belt.
When I am on the way the whole day, I find the bag somewhat disturbing.
I am not experienced with belt bags.

Till

>I'm currently carrying a G2 with 45mm lens attached plus 28 and 90mm >lenses, TLA 140, some filters and film in a Lowe Pro Street and Field >Utility Case. It comes with a shoulder strap but can also be fastened to >any waist belt. This is about the smallest bag that can comfortably >accommodate the gear mentioned and some folks might find it a little too >small. The G2 body will fit in the case only when the 28 or 45mm lens is >attached. The 90 will only fit when not attached to a body.

The case can be viewed at http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/street/utility.htm

Cheers Linus

Thanks a bunch guys for your recommendations. It helps to narrow down to some choices. Best is to have a look personally but if you have more to add on please dont hesitate.

Back