DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Greeting from Hong Kong

henry_hkg

I started with the film cameras long time ago, from Minolta, Nikon, Canon, Contax and eventually moved to Leica, both M & R system. When I first converted to digital, I used a Canon and lately I am using the Fuji X system.

Hell henry_hkg and welcome to the Forum. Glad to know someone who has enjoyed shooting with Contax gear; I still use my old RTS Fundus and various other models as well as the range of Zeiss and Yashica glass along with some lovely Tamron glass such as the original 17mm f3.5, 300 f2.8 & the 300 f5.6 macro telephoto. I also use the Contax 645 with both film and digital backs - so silky smooth in operation... I had been using the Fuji X-T1 along with a number of their lenses - great cameras and superb glass; I hope you continue to enjoy them. I switched about 6 months ago to the Olympus OM-D E-M1 as I shoot a lot of macro work (thank goodness for the Contax Auto Bellows!) and it has in-built focus stacking; if Fuji decides to offer the same facility in the X-T series or their new medium format digital camera, I'd probably go back to them as I so love their lenses - I still use their 6x8 gear.

The photo below shows why I have a sore shoulder as I often take the Fuji outdoors - it's sitting next to an Olympus E-PL1 and a Contax Zeiss G-series wide-angle lens...
GX680III and E-PL2 Zeiss r.jpg

Hi henry_hkg,

thanks for your introduction! :z04_whip2_1:

Finally again someone from Hong Kong! I love that city! Last time I was there in January this year. I love the "pulse" of that city...

Back