DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from Ecuador

expat42451

Joined DPReview back in 2012(I think). Currently in Cotacachi Ecuador but not for long. Leaving here on a backpacking trip this coming week. I am 72 this month and DPReview was an invaluable source of inspiration and information for me for many years. Glad to be here. Happy Easter to all.

Hi Dirk
´Thanks very much for the welcome. FWIW still in shock about what happened but time to move on I suppose. Still not calmed down sufficiently to even talk about it other than to say I do not appreciate a small number of large corporations being able to control what I am able to see and what information we all have access to..... Wonder when "they" are going to decide that Kindle is no longer profitable or to their liking and all of my books --since I got rid of my library of several thousand books when I last left the US in 2012....when all of my books one day disappear....one wonders. In any case again many thanks for the kind welcome. Regards from Ecuador.

Wonder when "they" are going to decide that Kindle is no longer profitable or to their liking and all of my books --since I got rid of my library of several thousand books when I last left the US in 2012....when all of my books one day disappear....one wonders.

Fortunately, there are ways around it. There is free software available with which you can convert ebooks in all kind of different formats ;)

Back