DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from the Netherlands

edesem12

Hello, my name is Arthur, new to the forum and like to introduce myself. As a collector of manual focus slr´s from (roughly)the 1960´s to 1985 (especially Asahi Pentax, Canon, Minolta and Olympus) I became more and more interested in the legendary Contax brand. In the mid eighties I had a Yashica FX-D which was a nice camera. Recently I purchased a Contax Aria with Planar 1.4/50mm in near mint condition. I´ve bought this camera to (hopefully) get the ´Carl Zeiss-experience´ and looking forward for the first results. I also have a Nikon IV ED filmscanner for scanning the analogue output. Apart from the ´film cameras´ I use digital gear from Olympus (E-1 and E-330 with legendary 14-54mm) and Nikon D1x with its beautiful 17-35mm.
I admire also the other Contaxes (ST, RX, AX and RTS) and the beautiful G-system. In the mean time I have, apart from lots of bodies and lenses, lots of info collected about my favourite period of time (roughly 1960-1985) and I am still thinking to do something more with it (i.e. website, writing a book etc.).

Lookong forward to meet you.

cheers,

Arthur

Hello Arthur,

nice to meet you here. I´m just in hurry, and hope to write again later.:)

Heinz

Back