DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hi from Cyprus

Alexis

Hi all,
Another refugee from DPR which I joined in 2001.
I am a full-time IT Consultant and a (very) part-time wedding photographer based in Cyprus.

My passion with photography started in 1970 when aged 11 I bought my first camera, a Petri 7s closely followed by a Canon QL17 rangefinder camera
Switched to digital in 2001 with a Canon G2 and then ran my wedding photography part-time job using Canon D-SLRs. In 2019 I decided to "retire" from wedding photography and gave most of my gear (Canon 5D Mkiii, Canon lenses) to my daughter who was starting out as a professional photographer. I downsized to the Canon EF-M mirrorless format and currently shooting (incl. the odd wedding) with Canon M50/M50Mkii, Canon and Sigma lenses and I absolutely love the format and the performance of the Canon M system. Apart from weddings, christenings and events, I love shooting fast-action sports like kitesurfing, mountain-biking, rallying, sailing as well as people and landscapes. I am also a keen DJI drone photographer (DJI Mini 3 Pro) shooting landscape images and "follow-me" videos of me trying to kill myself kitesurfing and mountain-biking

Back