DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Inconsistency in "What's New" feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times I just open up "Wha'ts New" to see all of the new posts in the site rather than just browsing by forum. However, I noticed an inconsistency. If I click on the "What's New" button itself, it shows me all of the new posts. But it does not have a button to mark all of the posts read. If instead, I go to the drop down menu and select the first menu item (New Posts), it will show the same new postings, but it will have a button for marking all of the posts read. I tend to just graze photo forums at times, and if nothing strikes my fancy, I will just mark everything read. Not a big deal, but I would think it would be useful if the main "What's New" button had a button for marking everything as read.

If instead, I go to the drop down menu and select the first menu item (New Posts), it will show the same new postings

no, it is not the same. This is why the "mark all read" is only available with "new posts".

"New Posts" shows only a list of unread threads with post activity since your last visit.
"What's New" shows all post activity in reverse chronological order, including read threads. Threads with new post activity are indicated with bold titles.
So "New posts" is unread posts. "What's new" is read and unread posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back