DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Landscapes and City

Good info, Cyril. Thanks.

Really looking forward to it.

Manchester - Paris is £105 return.

Any recommendations for good, cheap central hotel accomodation ? I've found central and cheap, but yet to discover if it's good. :). If you can suggest somewhere, I can investigate for next time.

Gary

Hi Gary ,
Hope you are enjoying your Visit to Paris. Check on the ares near La Defence and don't fail to visit <<Grande A'rche de La defence>> also!

Place de Clichy area which is near the Montmartre as well. And Porte de La Vilette near CITE DE SCIENCE worth visiting too.

In Paris the METRO is the best public transport With in 30miniutes you can move anywhere with out any problem. The best under ground RER even is liked to it. Get your one week Metro Pass. If you don't have a Photo Tell them you attach a photo later, then you can get it for Zone 1-3 . You have the means to move around Paris very comfortably.

Theare are many more Areas and with in Zone 3 near a Metro line is always the bet ways to choose.

Enjoy your visit

Best regards,

Cyril

Thanks, Cyril. I have just arrived in my room and connected to the wifi.

I decided to travel light and as I'm meeting a Leica Ambassador from San Francisco, I had to bring the M9-P et al.

Bought ten metro tickets and ready for my first stroll. Located near Orsey, and only 100 metres from the Metro, so well place I hope.

Adventure time. :)

Gary

Hope you got most out of your time being there in Paris. And how was it going? Done lot of photography I guess. Hopefully enjoyed your visit too I think! :z04_cowboy:

Hope you got most out of your time being there in Paris. And how was it going? Done lot of photography I guess. Hopefully enjoyed your visit too I think! :z04_cowboy:

Thank you for asking, Cyril.

It was a mixed bag, good experiences and a good fact finding trip for the future. In the end, I decided to take only my M9-P, primarily because I was meeting a Leica buddy there and I didn't want the extra weight of additional camera gear. Also, thought my pics would be more about people than places, whereas it was a 50/50 mix and the small format didn't do the venues justice.

Hotel was basic, but very well placed. Must remember not to insert a £10 rail ticket into the £1 Metro machine ever again ! Incredible they made them almost indistinguishable.

Enjoyed the picture taking, although intrusion of beggars and scammers was boring. Made me smile the third time someone stooped in front of me to apparently pick up a gold wedding ring and said it doesn't fit their finger, but I could have it...... for a contribution. Ha.

part way through mu pics and they are loading here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolophoto/sets/72157631993204218/

Thanks for your advice and help. Appreciated.

Attachments

• L9010286-754-805.jpg
    EXIF
    L9010286-754-805.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for asking, Cyril.

It was a mixed bag, good experiences and a good fact finding trip for the future. In the end, I decided to take only my M9-P, primarily because I was meeting a Leica buddy there and I didn't want the extra weight of additional camera gear. Also, thought my pics would be more about people than places, whereas it was a 50/50 mix and the small format didn't do the venues justice.

Hotel was basic, but very well placed. Must remember not to insert a £10 rail ticket into the £1 Metro machine ever again ! Incredible they made them almost indistinguishable.

Enjoyed the picture taking, although intrusion of beggars and scammers was boring. Made me smile the third time someone stooped in front of me to apparently pick up a gold wedding ring and said it doesn't fit their finger, but I could have it...... for a contribution. Ha.

part way through mu pics and they are loading here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolophoto/sets/72157631993204218/

Thanks for your advice and help. Appreciated.

Hi there!

Bladdered at last all our images are back, I am happy and

<<<we mUst thank the admin for their time to work on this issue >>

Good job Admin guys, We were really frustrated that we could not recover after that error. That 's why we were uneasy like that.

I have some more images i am planing to share soon and I am working on them .

By the way BLaddered. nice two images from Paris! Have you done more I guess.

Regards.

Cyril

I'm really impressed - especially as a lot of this work is hand held.
Nice selection of work.
Thanks for sharing - makes we want to dig out by 503 and some film.

I'm really impressed - especially as a lot of this work is hand held.
Nice selection of work.
Thanks for sharing - makes we want to dig out by 503 and some film.

Salut Swissblad!
Thank you for your usual ,Kind feed back and comments. Yes you noticed by my work in <<Musee Rodin.>> about hand holding the camera. They never allow tripods etc in the museum. In Most of my old photography I never used a tripod. However I regret :( I never used it as they could have been far more beyond perfect in sharpness. But fortunately all my photos amazingly better in sharpness. Moreover I used my camera mostly with 60-120mmFE lens which is more heavy and risky in handheld.:eek: Above all photos are too done by the same way.

I never used my Tripod even for my< Mont Blanc> series. I used a monopod occasionally on the Paris Streets as it did not attracted attention.

I have seen your blog and all the Hasselblad set-up. very impressive . And the Salon de automobile series too ...nice work.

Good to meet you here always and keep posting and thanks for sharing all you experience.
I appreciate all the influence we get here from you guys.

Salut Swissblad et merci et bon Dimanche à toi! ( BON PHOTO AUSSIE ) :D

Back