DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Leica M11 with 28mm or Leica Q3?

Get Q with Summilux 28 and you have a great range. I did that and found it wasn’t for me, for no particular reason, so I sold my new q2 and bought the Summicron 35 for my M11 and I’m far happier

Happier because of the 35mm vs. 28mm FL or happier because of the M11?

After comparing the two, side-by-side, I found I liked the images from the M11 over the Q2. That was consistently so whether using the 35 or 50mm lenses. That said, I’ve seen some amazing Q images as well and the simplicity of the Q2 has its allure.

Last edited:
It is getting close. Looking at the significant price difference, some people will think about buying a Q3 instead of a M11 with 28mm.

I mean if you shoot mainly with 28mm, you save a lot of money, have AF and a lens, that does not exist for the M system.

What do you think?
I'd look seriously at the M10-R with a couple of M lenses. It's a fabulous camera. If you want to save even more, consider a couple of the new classic line of Voigtlander lenses. I've been an M shooter for 39 years and have used a slew of Leica lenses. I'm currently using the both the 35 and 28 Ultron II asph lenses on my M10M and they are two of the best lenses I've ever used. They're also very well made--black paint on brass!! Tack sharp, great contrast.

Back