DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Message for PENTUP my Patron upgrade

Dino26323

DPRF-Patron
and other interested parties = Basically I am just saying a couple of words about signing up to Patron status.
I realize I have used this site to build my street shot collection the last year so I thought I would show appreciation for this. Whether or not I cancel that before next year is an unknown and depends possibly on how this site grows ( or not ).
I love the layout and way the pictures are displayed and that is 90% why I have tried to encourage this site to grow. Posting so many street shots may not always have been in the site's best interest but my intentions have simply been to hopefully make the site an interesting visit or that was how I began it.
I plan to write some gear test articles too here especially on the mono experiences / results. Maybe that will help bring some new faces from the main site.

See you around and please post those recent pictures here that look great because the comparison is interesting. How good will they look here.at just 1600 wide.
Having said that it is a complex thing really. We all have different screens. Possibly not everyone is happy with 1600 wide pictures on their screens. My screen still looks good so far.

Regards Dino26323

Dino , I appreciate the sentiment of your photographic journey and fully encourage you to keep doing what you love..
I only shoot in jpeg and other than some cropping and tweaking of exposure, highlights and shadows, I don’t do any post processing (including trying to do the math to figure out the image size). So I try to post what I have, but if a site won’t accept my image as it is, I just don’t post it.

Yes you are right too. Also it is unfair if you only post a few photos. You should be entitled to a bigger file for just a few photos.
1600 does seem a small request too. It is very harsh. ( all my photos here have been 3000 wide for ages since the start mostly because i was not happy with completely giving everything I had to anyone over the web. Any more than that and you have completely given them your photos. That is another debate. )
Even though Dirk is right that they still look good at 1600 wide you have to guess and think that it will put some ( loads many ) people from dpreview off ever bothering here.

Perhaps if numbers improve then they may make an adjustment to these Rules on this site. I suggest a FIVE EURO life time donation to have 3000 wide pictures might swing it back and make money for the site but everyone has a different user case. Your case is not even satisfied with 3000 wide size.

Regards

Back