DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Need quick advice

I've already contacted ebay about the email content and the sender.

It's "sister09i@yahoo.co.uk" from a woman possibly called Sophie Seddon.

It seems that the 3rd top bidder below me was also contacted too as he contacted me to warn me as well.

The content of email goes like this:

**Do not reply to this email.Contact me at my home email address: sister09i@yahoo.co.uk for more information about this second chance offer***
You expressed interest in an item titled Leica MP 0.85 USA near mint barely used(Item number:3829712001)
by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, I am making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of US $1,780.00 .
I had issued this Second Chance Offer because the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction . If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with me and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item, don't reply to this mail, just contact me at sister09i@yahoo.co.uk.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30030&item=3829712001&rd=1

***Do not reply to this email.Contact me at my home email address: sister09i@yahoo.co.uk for more information about this second chance offer***

The person even asked for more information after I "enquired" further to see what will happen.

This is what's requested.

___

The only thing that you have to do to get the deal started is to give me your full name and address for the shipping and after that ebay will contact you and will tell you what you
have to do to complete it ! I also need you to give me your ebay user ID so I can check your feedback and the item # that you were bidding for ...
Bye

Thank you all for your advice.

In the end I had a massive shopping spree.

Decided to sell my M6 TTL to subsidise the purchase of a new black MP which is a bargain for 20% off retail price.

Bought a nice little M3 for a second body. Nostalgia made the decision for me ... heart over head.

Bought a 90mm Elmarit to keep my current 50mm 'Lux company and also got a 50mm Elmar to keep my 2nd body happy. Can't afford a 35mm 'Cron yet.

Picked up heaps of Leica goodies from Leicagoodies.com and also Tom's SoftReleases as well as some B+W filters.

Cost a bomb in total and I think I'll live on bread and water in the meantime while I'm honing my photography skill.

Cheers,
William

Back