DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Contax G2 Kit Price too good to be true

Yes, Colin. Keep in mind the check may take a few weeks to arrive (when I used their previous rebates it took almost 2 months).
Juan

This pricing/rebate thing does make me wonder if they're about to introduce a G3.... Selling existing supply to make way? Nah....

A G3 would be nice but i wouldn't go crazy about conspiracy theorys yet. They have reduced prices and rebates on other cameras systems too. Wonder if my wife would notice another camera around the house?

The way to keep spouses or others from noticing extra gear is to keep it spread out. Never let two or more pieces congregate in plain view. Those who don't "do" photography tend not to recognize specific pieces as much as they recognize quantities accumulating :D -Lynn

"I purchased the G1 kit 35mm from B&H and had some trouble getting the rebate. They stated the lens rebate was only good for single purchase - not as kit. I eventually did get the rebate from them - but they updated the PDF with the no kit clause. Not sure if they have removed that now."

Yes, Lynn is right. Another way is keeping always your stuff in some disorder, with a lens on a table and a body on a shelf. No one will notice a new one. :)
I very curious about what diane will be secretely writing... No one knows?

"This pricing/rebate thing does make me wonder if they're about to introduce a G3.... Selling existing supply to make way? Nah...." (Derek)

And ..... what about that Digital G prototype they were experimenting with .... I heard it was well underway ... if only they could iron out the problems with the wide angles.

Cheers, Bob.

Just wondering if anyone has spoken to anyone at BHphoto to confirm that you get the full 500.00. I have heard something that you dont get 500 rebate for the kit but if you the kit+ a lens. I could be wrong.
Does anyone sell this kit cheaper than BHphoto?
Thanks,
Colin

" if only they could iron out the problems with the wide angles. "
I'm not sure, but i think this problem cannot be easily solved, because the Biogon type of wideangles, because of it's simmetrical construction does not allow perpendicular light on the film plane, and this is necessary on digital sensors, at the moment. So, in some way, we cannot expect a digital g3 (i hope to be wrong)
Fabio

Back