DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

new Contax owner

Sherryl

I've logged into your site since I am a new owner of a Zeiss Contax IIa. I know nothing about Contax and very little about film cameras. I'm fairly new to the camera world, receiving a Pentax Kx for Christmas year ago. I don't know anyone to check the camera. It looks outstanding, in fantastic condition. I inherited it from a death in family and I know it's been in a dresser drawer for many years. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sherryl,
I do not have the model you quote, but in a camera book dated 1991, it is described as " a superb 35mm camera produced at Stuttgart." Manufactured between 1950-61. 2 models made. No.1 model had black numerals on the shutter speed dial. 2nd model similar to first, but the nos. on the shutter speed dial were in colour. 1s-1/25s-black; 1/50s- yellow;1/100-1/250s -red.
The book shows a 1991 value of $310 for the first model; The second model shown as $400. The 2nd model is also shown with a value of ***, and rarity of ***.

The value and rarity star rating run from * to *****. The 5 star being the best. I think you will find film use better than digital.

Back