DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Project 52 for 2024

Mummy... I like the framing, lighting and color. The dark background sets it off nicely. Similar to Coffin of a King (which was also beautiful). And then, the mummy itself. Amazing.

17/52 - It is still Thursday (barely)... and I want to maintain the pace (Project 52). Running out of time! But I am a little short on material. Last Saturday, I went for a short road trip with the neighbor across the street (approx. 200 miles; 320 km). It was fun. When we arrived at our destination, I took this picture. But is was just a basic car picture/snapshot, so I decided to liven it up a little bit (Photoshop Elements). Oh well, I'm trying!

porsche-neon-small.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D810
  • Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/100 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 125

Week 18

Alix and Angèle rehearse, under the direction of Julian Moreau, the musical La Voix de l'Océan, produced by The Musical Production.

850_9993 3.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D850
  • 85 mm f/1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 1250

You are right there on-stage with the performers!?!? Exposure is spot-on and the skin tones are natural/realistic. And the hair/color. You mentioned some possible issues with posting the pic? It looks A-OK to me!

No idea how large the size of this image as posted, but I can report it looks good on my 4k, pantone validated laptop.

I fully realize that the images I see from various photo forums are probably inferior to the original .tiff or even .jpeg files that reside on their home computers.

You are right there on-stage with the performers!?!? Exposure is spot-on and the skin tones are natural/realistic. And the hair/color. You mentioned some possible issues with posting the pic? It looks A-OK to me!

I was invited to take pictures during a rehearsal, which took place in a modest-sized gym with a rather unremarkable color scheme. This photo was taken in a corner of this gym where there was a black curtain along the wall. The two artists were not active in the show at the time.

The problem I mentioned had to do with the maximum size allowed for the photos, which was significantly smaller than yesterday. Experiments are underway and I wanted to inform Dirk of the problems I had encountered.

No idea how large the size of this image as posted, but I can report it looks good on my 4k, pantone validated laptop.

I fully realize that the images I see from various photo forums are probably inferior to the original .tiff or even .jpeg files that reside on their home computers.
Thank you RBIV. I agree with you it does not look too bad.

Powerful image.

The File sizes allowed has gone to pieces but the images look ok actually. Not sure exactly my opinion on it regards the new small dimensions allowed.
I guess I have to be grateful that they look ok and this one of yours looks ok.

Regards Dino26323

17/52 - It is still Thursday (barely)... and I want to maintain the pace (Project 52). Running out of time! But I am a little short on material. Last Saturday, I went for a short road trip with the neighbor across the street (approx. 200 miles; 320 km). It was fun. When we arrived at our destination, I took this picture. But is was just a basic car picture/snapshot, so I decided to liven it up a little bit (Photoshop Elements). Oh well, I'm trying!

View attachment 14472
Interesting and catchy image. Regards..

Powerful image.

The File sizes allowed has gone to pieces but the images look ok actually. Not sure exactly my opinion on it regards the new small dimensions allowed.
I guess I have to be grateful that they look ok and this one of yours looks ok.

Regards Dino26323
Thank you Dino. DPR-F is a work in progress and the dimensions allowed may vary. I understand that rules have to be chosen. I just signaled that there was some problems with the present implementation. I agree that this image is OK as is.

Back