DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Project 52 for 2024

Some Google Pixel programmer messing around with the EXIF code -- just to mess around with us!

Week 41

This clock stands at the northeast corner of the Palais de Justice in Paris. Its first version (the city's first public clock) dates back to 1370.

810_6302.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D810
  • 150-600 mm f/5.0-6.3
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 180

The statues represent Law and Justice. The text at the bottom of the image can be translated as follows: This machine, which makes twelve fair shares of the hours, teaches how to protect justice and defend the law.

That's really cool. Excellent lighting/exposure and the warm color. Sharp and detailed. I'm guessing the clock is "high" (on a building) and you were standing on the ground? But the perspective seems to indicate that it is a straight-on shot? Looks really good. I'd like to be the person who cleans it and does the paint touch-up. And everyday job!

That's really cool. Excellent lighting/exposure and the warm color. Sharp and detailed. I'm guessing the clock is "high" (on a building) and you were standing on the ground? But the perspective seems to indicate that it is a straight-on shot? Looks really good. I'd like to be the person who cleans it and does the paint touch-up. And everyday job!
Thank you John. You are right, this clock is higher than I am. I corrected the perspective with a keystone tool.

41/52: West Waterway looking toward Terminal 5.

Also... Dirk needs to clean things up (i.e., "Women's" or whatever). Nobody is posting very much anymore. I will be here until week 52 arrives... and I really appreciate that you started this thread... along with the invitation to join. :) It has been a very good mechanism that encourages me to get out and shoot. THANK-YOU, Sir! But after December... who knows.

t5-msc-marina-small by J.E. Frantzen, on Flickr

41/52: West Waterway looking toward Terminal 5.

Also... Dirk needs to clean things up (i.e., "Women's" or whatever). Nobody is posting very much anymore. I will be here until week 52 arrives... and I really appreciate that you started this thread... along with the invitation to join. :) It has been a very good mechanism that encourages me to get out and shoot. THANK-YOU, Sir! But after December... who knows.

t5-msc-marina-small by J.E. Frantzen, on Flickr
Dear John,
Very nice picture, as usual.
If you decide to stop after completion of this Project 52, I will do the same. I will continue this type of project on DR-Review at any rate. May be you can join me there?
Best,
Brat

Dear John,
Very nice picture, as usual.
If you decide to stop after completion of this Project 52, I will do the same. I will continue this type of project on DR-Review at any rate. May be you can join me there?
Best,
Brat
I meant DP-Review, of course.

Back