DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Nikon Coolpix forum disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nikon Coolpix forum seems to have disappeared. Why?
:)

We are restructuring the forums. See the announcement plus the newsletter we sent you plus the thread here in the FAQ/help section:

:)

We are restructuring the forums. See the announcement plus the newsletter we sent you plus the thread here in the FAQ/help section:

Thanks. I only go to the FAQ/help section when I have a problem. I think I received a newsletter/email asking for thoughts/opinions on the forum structure but it didn't occur to me that it would result in the Coolpix forum being lumped in with smartphones because of its sensor size. I can see a dedicated smartphone forum as a popular venue, however the Nikon P950 and P1000 are certainly not smartphones despite their small sensor size. Oh well. :-(

They are not in the smartphone subforum. There are atm in a subforum for cameras with similar sensor sizes below APS-C sensor size. If we will have hundreds of Nikon Coolpix users, there is no problem to create its own forum. But atm I do not see enough traffic in this product line to justify this compared to i.e. Nikon 1.

We can not wash without getting wet. We need to reduce the amount of forums, if they are empty. Obviously the ones with less user will suffer more than the others. Change this and we are back in game :)

Last edited:
They are not in the smartphone subforum. There are atm in a subforum for cameras with similar sensor sizes below APS-C sensor size. If we will have hundreeds of Nikon Coolpix users, there is no problem to create its own forum. But atm I do not see enough traffic in this product line to justify this compared to i.e. Nikon 1.

We can not wash without getting wet. We need to reduce the amount of forums, if they are empty. Obviously the ones with less user will suffer more than the others. Change this and we are back in game :)

Ah, I was directed by a forum member to: "Smaller sensor cameras and Smartphones" - and stopped there. I didn't look further. My bad. I guess I'll just post in one of the other forums instead. Thanks.

Why can I not bookmark to the new panasonic small sensor forum? It's hard enough to find once.

I do not know why. At which step exactly do you have trouble to put it on your watch list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back