DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED

M

mholdef

Nikon has announced a new line of scanners to replace the current line (IV, 4000 and 8000).

They announce faster scanning and higher Dmax as well as an all-new image sensor.

Has anyone seen results notably from the Super Coolscan 5000? Noticeable difference compared to 4000?

Mark

Thanks Dirk

Just seemed that timing of launch varied from one country to another as much noise made around Europe and Asia but not sure about USA. Thought maybe a chance had been on shelves in US or at least in Asia perhaps.

In France I know expected next week.

Actually eager in that I had bought a the 4000 ED a couple weeks ago but brought it back immediately when I heard they were coming out with the 5000 with a higher DMax and faster scanning speeds in addition to new sensor.

I only scanned a few black and white negs with the 4000 but already quality was leagues beyond the LS-2000 I own with which I've been struggling with for B&W negatives. A real problem for a Leica user!

happy.gif

Mark

Back