DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

NSFW inspired by Ruth Bernhard

Hello

Thanks for your comments and for your interest in DAZ3D.
Here's a screenshot of the DAZ desktop

In this Texture Shaded mode the figure can be worked on quite quickly. In order to Render it the mode has to be the NVIDIA Iray one.
On the right are some of the lighting controls, these are in addition to a set of studio lights that are also in the software.
As with the figure these lights including the daylight one you can see on the right can be oriented in the same ways. Even down to choosing a sun angle by Longitude/Latitude and time anywhere on the planet. The Rendered images can be saved as PNG's with or without a shadow depending on the background they are going into and opened as Layer1 in Ps and Copied and Pasted in the background photograph.

I use the sun inclination and angle of the shadows present in the photograph
Up to this point the steps are fairly straightforward, sometimes I can make a Selection around the figure and paste it underneath, use a Gradient to fill it and then the Transform tools to make it look like a shadow.
Then I bring the two images to 100% and use a Blur tool on the figure to make it look similar to the background.
If all that works out OK I then do some colour matching using Hue/Saturation and Colour Balance.

I might end up with a resonable image, if not I scrap it and start again. Lastly Pinterest is a great source of Ballet poses I use them to try to copy their poses.

Cheers - J

This forum is rapidly degenerating into the 'One Line' phone speak genre that infests all the other photo and many other forums. This will be my last post here.
What you do and discuss is at the crossover of art and photography. I am a regular at art museums and consider part of photography as art. I find it very interesting what you already wrote and what you may have to say in the future. I have an attitude of art contemplation, there is a chance of getting inspired or provoked. There is a strong possibility that I do not like what I see. Unfortunately, the non likes tend to be highly vocal on any forum, while the positive spins often remain mute.
Sure, bravo for Klaus for immediately spotting something was "wrong" with the model. But, Jem, please do not get offended by criticisms, just ignore it. I think your well thought comments are worth to be read by the sub group of interested readers, and the dprforum may be an appropriate place to put your comments. It would be a significant loss, if this was indeed your last post here. If so, let us know where we can see more of your thoughts and ideas. Maybe a forum "photography&art" or something like it at to be started dprforum might be a better place than explicitly "portrait and people photography" forum.

I suggest to start a forum "Photography and Art discussions" under the header "Photography and Techniques" . Dirk please !
If this forum does not happen, then the forum "General Photo Techniques" should have a sufficiently wide scope to cover threads like this one.
It took a while at DPReview for the forum "Photographic Science and Technology" to appear. I think it is time for a form to discuss specifically "Photography and Art" to get spawned.

Back