DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Pentax K-1 Mark II / Sigma 35/1.4 Art / Wide open aperture (1.4-1.6)

Serge

K1M27761_DxO_Valaam_1440.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX K-1 Mark II
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto bracket
  • ISO 800
K1M29529_DxO_1440.jpg
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/3200 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto bracket
  • ISO 200
K1M29580_DxO_1440.jpg
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/6400 sec
  • Spot
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

Now that’s art.

That is such a dream combo and you truly lived up to the challenge! I heard the Sigma ART lenses don't always play nice with our much-maligned Pentax AF SAFOX systems but you hit this one out of the park. Absolutely gorgeous images, every single one of them.

I'm still shying away from the K-1 because of its larger form factor but most of my fast glass is FF K-mount already (with a few APS-C exceptions like the DA*50-135) so it becomes harder to resist all the time.

That is such a dream combo and you truly lived up to the challenge! I heard the Sigma ART lenses don't always play nice with our much-maligned Pentax AF SAFOX systems but you hit this one out of the park. Absolutely gorgeous images, every single one of them.

I'm still shying away from the K-1 because of its larger form factor but most of my fast glass is FF K-mount already (with a few APS-C exceptions like the DA*50-135) so it becomes harder to resist all the time.
I like the 35/1.4 Art because it's versatile, perfect lens in all respects and has "replaced" the 31/1.8 Limited on my Pentax K-1 Mark II in the vast majority of cases.
It has weaknesses, apart from its weight. Also, I had to tune it with a Sigma USB dock before it could focus perfectly wide open. Actually, I still have the 77/1.8 Limited, which I'll never change.
I've had almost the entire Pentax line of cameras except the K-3 Mark III - K-10 / K-20 / K-5 / K-5II / K-3 / K-3II , but the FF Pentax is a transition to a whole other level of shooting.

Back