DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall

Gloomy1

I started posting again to see if anyone would respond and thankfully some people did. However I note that I am almost alone in posting landscapes. I visit forums to see others' images as well as show my own and so far there are not enough traffic to keep me posting so this will be the last for a while. Thanks for the comments and I hope that more people will post images. My experience of photography forums leads me to the conclusion that almost everybody is willing to argue about things like telephoto compression, pixel density, global shutters, the vast differences between various processing techniques and programs, the corner to corner sharpness or lack of it in various lenses but few, if any, are willing to show the fruits of their knowledge. Ken
_DSC5981-1 5980 5979 v2 merge from laptop copy 2 (2).jpg
  • SONY - ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 2 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

Your images are appreciated mate.

Very impressive waterfall -- and the "fruits" too! 16mm @ f/16 @ 2s -- makes total sense. I'm guessing a mild ND filter as well? I see that you stitch on occasion, but this seems to be a single frame. That's a nice combo... the 16-35 and the 7RM4. It shows! I'm with you, Ken. I like to shoot and see what others are shooting. Share, comment and enjoy. Get out in the environment and have fun. That's what it's all about. People hem and haw about technical stuff, then post pictures that are not sharp and have poor exposure (let alone the composition). I have a lot to learn, but still, like you, I scratch my head at times. :)

Very impressive waterfall -- and the "fruits" too! 16mm @ f/16 @ 2s -- makes total sense. I'm guessing a mild ND filter as well? I see that you stitch on occasion, but this seems to be a single frame. That's a nice combo... the 16-35 and the 7RM4. It shows! I'm with you, Ken. I like to shoot and see what others are shooting. Share, comment and enjoy. Get out in the environment and have fun. That's what it's all about. People hem and haw about technical stuff, then post pictures that are not sharp and have poor exposure (let alone the composition). I have a lot to learn, but still, like you, I scratch my head at times. :)
Hi 1971_M5 this image like almost all of my shots is a blend of different shutter speeds plus it is focus stacked with the closest image having a much shorter exposure, probably about 1/3s but my memory might be slipping. This image is also exposure blended with the sky being a couple of stops down. As for the science and technologies behind cameras and lenses, I know enough to know what I don't know, many posters , it would seem, are not at that level. Ken

@Gloomy1

I understand your point, but this problem will not go away by itself. If everybody waits until more people upload landscape images, everybody will continue to wait the next 10 years ;)

The only way to break out this circle is to contact other landscape photographers and invite them here. It will not happen by accident. It will not happen if the members here do not use word of mouth to bring DPRF to the attention of others. :spread-the-news:

Back