DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Post Your Nikon One Photos Here

87C5206E-FF3C-4655-8BB5-048DE1EA186C.jpeg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON 1 V1
  • 13.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/3 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 800

Sleepwalking

Rich, I am also maybe 2 lenses shy of the collection. Mine are the 70-300 and the 10-100 PD. I had my chances to pick up a new copy of the former when it was first introduced here in Japan but I thought it was too expensive for my blood.

Books, again, like you I am surrounded by them. More like I have surrendered myself to them. LOL

Your B&W image is very cool. It reminds me of the valley which is north of Los Angels beyond the hills.

Good title that I assume applies to the city as well as to the vegetation. The skyline looks terrific in B&W.
Thanks! Yes, indeed, the growth applies to both vegetation, as well as the factories and apartment buildings.

This small suburban section of skyline is just one of hundreds in the Tokyo area. There are so many more that are better looking than this one. ;)

B00675CA-424C-4BC7-9D99-7FE036AD05DE.jpeg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON 1 V1
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/15 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 2800

Night Lights

I love this! Living in a land of brown and tan it is great to see these greens. I like the point of view and the composition.

I love this! Living in a land of brown and tan it is great to see these greens. I like the point of view and the composition.
Thanks! I understand that we can get bored with our environment, but there's something special about the desert landscape that continues to pull me in, in almost a trance-like way.

fullsizeoutput_79fb.jpeg

After the Feast

This photo was taken with a CCTV C-mount lens which can be had for very little money. It's pretty obvious to anyone that it's not a great lens by any definition, but it does produce a dreamy mostly-out-of-focus quality to an image, which I like. o_O

Back