DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Request

PentUp

DPR always refused to create a Pentax Lens sub forum… apparently we weren’t as important as other brands and didn’t deserve such extravagance :LOL:
Any chance of having such a sub forum here?

Hi PentUp,

I think I have answered that question already in your other posting.

We will have a look at it, once we have settled a little bit. Bear in mind, that Fuji, Canon R, Nikon 1 etc. neither had a special lens subforum for their mount. I do not say it is not possible. I just want to wait and discuss all these changes with all members once we restructure this forum. But this will not happen within the next 3 weeks.

Just keep posting. We can always move lens threads easily later into new subforums. Do not worry about this.

Hello PentUp. Good try regarding a Pentax Lens sub-forum.

Those who know you from the mortally wounded original DPR appreciate your desire to promote that lens you dearly Want. And Need. And most certainly would Purchase if available. You know the.... oh I'll just let you pitch it. Again. :)

DPR always refused to create a Pentax Lens sub forum… apparently we weren’t as important as other brands and didn’t deserve such extravagance :LOL:
Any chance of having such a sub forum here?
I'm always interested in posts about Pentax lenses, as well as everything else, but I'd much rather NOT have a lens sub-forum. Much better in my view to have have all the Pentax related discussions in one place rather than have to go looking through different forums - I find pentaxforums very unwieldy for that very reason.

I'm always interested in posts about Pentax lenses, as well as everything else, but I'd much rather NOT have a lens sub-forum. Much better in my view to have have all the Pentax related discussions in one place rather than have to go looking through different forums - I find pentaxforums very unwieldy for that very reason.
:) Dividing Pentax into Pentax DSLR Talk and Pentax Lens Talk isn't exactly a haystack to find a needle in :cool: ... plus it will make the Pentax forum look important like the Canon, Nikon and Sony fora ;)
You may be right of course, because IF they did that, I may have to change my user name to "Satisfied" and you to "Enlightened of Malvern" Har Har Har :ROFLMAO::D:geek:

Kidding, just a suggestion. I won't lose any skin over it.

Actually, having been parted from DPR and trying here, Pentax Forums and others, I'm happier with "Pentax SLR bodies and Lenses" in one place than FF bodies / APS-C bodies / Lenses being split up.

Back