DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Show Your MF Photos Here !

An other ugly house , not far from my home . HASSELBLAD 907x + XCD30

I think , I should shoot a series of ugly houses .

UGLY 189 2.0.jpg

Cucumber slice UVIVF image. Pentax 645Z with Pentax A 120 macro lens. ISO 100 F11 at 30 seconds. Lit by Nemo 365 flashlight.
Thanks for looking,
barondla
Hopefully Bashir will return.
645Z8108FruitUVIVF.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX 645Z
  • ƒ/11
  • 30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Hasselblad 500 C/M Carl Zeiss 100mm, Iso 100, 1/30, Imacon Ixpress96, March 27, 2021
Landscape at the Viking Times Outdoor Museum, Löddeköpinge along the river Kävlingeån, Scania Province, Sweden.

Attachments

• B0229P 0006-8.jpg
    EXIF
    B0229P 0006-8.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 13
Hasselblad 500 C/M Carl Zeiss 100mm, Iso 100, 1/30, Imacon Ixpress96, March 27, 2021
Landscape at the Viking Times Outdoor Museum, Löddeköpinge along the river Kävlingeån, Scania Province, Sweden.
Interesting metal birds on the poles. Are they to scare something away or for ornamentation?
Thanks for sharing,
barondla

Interesting metal birds on the poles. Are they to scare something away or for ornamentation?
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
Hello Barondla,
It's the two ravens - Hugin and Munin - which were the two spies of the god Odin. These ravens were considered omniscient about everything that happened under the Yggdrasil tree of creation, i.e. on Earth. When arriving to the outdoor Viking museum from the sea and river you are greated by these two ravens.

Hello Barondla,
It's the two ravens - Hugin and Munin - which were the two spies of the god Odin. These ravens were considered omniscient about everything that happened under the Yggdrasil tree of creation, i.e. on Earth. When arriving to the outdoor Viking museum from the sea and river you are greated by these two ravens.
Thanks @500C/M for the explanation. Cool photo. Makes me want to visit.
Thanks,
barondla

Not far from the Viking Outdoor Museum, upstream about 2 kilometer (1.3 miles) you find this megalithic chamber grave from Neolithic period 5250 years old. When I came back and started Capture One to look into the photos this one is a real magic photo. Since I have to change format to be able to publish the photo here, the mysterious light from chamber is gone. If I open the raw file, immediatly you can see the small dot - about one pixel large - from the centre in the gangway into the chamber. This small light can't be detected on this reduced photo. It could be a signal from one of the persons who been buried in this monument many thousands ago. It could also be a bit of light from outside reflecting in the eye of an animal standing and waiting me leaving. Probably a fox which the farmer and landowner when I spoke with him the day after. Pity I can't show you. It can be seen even on the exported jpg-file, however then it's size is 3,5 MB, overriding all rules of the DPR Forum.

Attachments

• CF119686.jpeg
    EXIF
    CF119686.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 12
Back