DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sony Alpha 100

hey guys just got the lens. problem is it does not come with the manual. does anyone know where i can download one?

also, i may end up keeping the STOCK lens as MAXXUM is 100-300mm while the stock one is 18-70mm.. dunno what the term is but the 18 vs. 100 value is a big difference.. so now with my close-ups i may need to step backward a bit..... grrrr....

@ all

Please open in the future each time a new thread for a new question. Camera questions in the camera sections, lens questions in the lens sections etc. This is a mailing list AND a forum. So please choose the right title and topic in the forum for your questions. You will get faster responses with this too...

Please stick to the topic within a thread, otherwisse reading a long thread is too difficult for others. Thanks.

@ John

Did Ian Broomhead of SRB confirmed that it is technically at all possible to make an adapter either for Zeiss RTS lenses or Zeiss N lenses?

@ all

I played with a Sony Alpha A100 in the store. I agree it is feeling significantly worse in the hands compared to a Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7D.

But for that price with this sensor I would be willing to make compromises.

BUT the knock out criteria was - same with the Minolta 5D - the handling of changing spot metering to center weighted metering or Matrix metering. You have to do it over the LCD screen.

Press first on the left side within the dial (on the top of the camera) the button, and then switch with another dail the metering mode. But you do not have any indication in the viewfinder. So you can not leave the eye on the stuff you want to shoot.

This is mandatory for me with every camera. The Minolta 5D acts similar complicated in this respect. Only the 7D (within the Minolta/Sony DSLR line) does it better.

Others might do not care about this. And in this case, I would buy it, especially at lower prices. IMHO it will drop still in price significant until christmas time. Competion is too high with Nikon D80 and Pentax & Panasonic et alii coming out soon also with a 10MP DSLR.

So let's see what else will be announced within the next 12 months from Sony to fullfill my needs...

That seems a real design flaw in the Sony/5D. It sounds like a case of a camera designed by a non-photographer or to be charitable- perhaps a photographer who only knows digital compact cameras.

Ian Broomhead said that it would not be cost effective for SRB to make an adapter but that they hoped in the fairly near future to evaluate adapters available from other manufacturers and provide one which met SRB's standards for sale through their business. I think this only related to to the C/Y mount rather than N as I didn't ask about N mount ones but it was for the Olympus E system rather than the new Sony.
Cheers.

Camera Error Code: 0x31

Hi everybody, I use a Sony A100K and lately this message has been appearing on my screen.
I reboot the camera and it's gone, but eventually it comes back up and the most intriguing thing is that the flash doesn't respond.

I'm new here so I don't know else, does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Txs, leen.

Back