DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Tick-Tock (wristwatch pics)

xpatUSA1

Hello macro-folks

Been getting up to speed on a SD10 + 70mm macro for my watch collection. This watch is a limited edition model, only 150 made. The bezel is offset a little to show mean solar time for where I live (sad, ennit?).

an640x640.jpg

I do like Glycine's attention to detail:

dw512x384.jpg

I was shooting watch pics in LO res for web publishing but lately I've found that HI res pics re-sampled downward in Photoshop Elements give a demonstrably higher image quality. I don't use Sigma's Photo Pro (too picky!).

regards,

Ted

Trying another X3F converter this week

Nice shot and close-up....Tony C.

Thanks, TC. Currently, I'm trying FastStone's Image Viewer and getting some good results from:

a) It's Lanzcos re-sampling options
b) It's fancy YCbCr JPEG option

I'm not so concerned about super-accurate white balancing, so the lack of a "color-pick-a-neutral-color" function doesn't bother me too much. It can be got round by using a screen color-picker (always on top) and manipulating the hue sliders.

For a $15 donation, it compares extremely well with the mighty Adobe's offerings and beats SPP handsomely, IMHO.

best rgds,

Ted

Back