DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

Hi, I am located in japan, is there anyone know where I can find a Ever ready case for the minilux?

Vincent

I sometimes see these cases at www.ebay.com.

Otherwise get the soft case for the Minilux Zoom, it's actually better for the Minilux than the Minilux case proper.

Jon

Vincent,

If you are located in Tokyo area, http://www.photojpn.org will give you good info. on camera stores in Tokyo. Most large camera stores in Tokyo carry Leica cameras, lenses and accessaries. If you are not in Tokyo, above site will give you a link to Japanese Yellow Pages for major metropolitan areas.

If you do not live in a large metropolitan area, then you would need to contact Leica importer in Japan (http://www.web.nshkk.co.jp) to find an authorized dealer near you or use mail order. Many of the large camera stores (not all) in Toyko have mail order department.

You can always buy from large US camera stores such as B&H (www.bhphotovideo.com) but the shipping will be too expensive for buying just a camera case.

Isaku

Thanks Jon and Isaku.Thanks for the useful information.
Actually I bought a used minilux in japan a few dasy ago, as the original soft case is not that convinience for quick shoot.so I want a Ever ready case.
and is there anyone have the English or japanese instruction manual for the minilux? My minilux come with the German Instruction. Hard to read.
I can be reach at vin288@hotmail.com
Thanks

Dear Vincent,

Being currently in production, the instruction book will be available from Leica Camera AG which would be nicer than a photocopy.

Let me know if you cannot get one from Leica, and I will photocopy mine.

Sincerely,

Justin

Thanks Justin.
Glad ot hear from you, so what I need to do is just send inquiry e-mail to Leica Camera AG? is it free of charge?
Alright, if I can`t get from Leica, I hope you could give me a hand.
Thanks again .
Vincent

Vincent

Yes, just ask Leica in Germany. I was in exactly your situation when I had a camera but not a book and they sent me one - but it took about two or three months.

Also ask them for the compact instrauctions on weatherproof paper. They fold down to credit card size so they can tuck inside the case and they cover all the functions. The part number is 930 535, and the book is 930 529.

Jon

Dear Vincent,

Direct your e-mail to:

TS@leica-camera.com

Attention: Gerald Wagner who will not be there until next Monday. He will direct your enquiry to the correct Abteilung and hopefully you will end up with the instruction book at no charge. Remember to remind them of the language requirement.

Regards,

Justin

My Minilux gave me great pictures, but the small viewfinder and the awkward controls (press EV several seconds before you can make a + or - change) were frustrating. I do not wear eyeglasses and have very good eyes, but is took me too long to get used to this very small finder. Finally, I traded it for the Rollei AFM 35 (aka Fuji Klasse) and I'm pleasantly surprised. Handling and ergonomics are first rate, viewfinder is lager and brighter and the lens is fantastic. Very sharp and contrasty. Ultrasharp pictures, which results in very favourable and spontaneous comments from people who see the results ("wow" being most frequently heard) When compared to the Minilux, all I can say that the two camera's display very diferent lens characterics. Minilux is a classic Leica design (but made in Japan), with somewhat subdued and soft, natural colour images, where the Rollei lens (Schneider Apogon, but it can also be a Fuji lens, based on the classic Zeiss Tessar) is ultrasharp and more contrasty. Some will say the colours are a bit exaggerated, most like the vibrant tones. Only missing feature is the display of shutter speed and f-stop. Like the Minilux you can pre-select an f-stop, but nowhere is the selected speed indicated. What's good are the focus lock on the manual focus dail and the MF and EV warning signals in the viewfinder. All in all a very worthy Minilux contender.

Back