DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Why Nikon at all

Although I use nowadays Sony, Sigma and Fuji, I have used a long time also Nikon gear. The reason at that time to go to Nikon was their committment for DSLR bodies with features and usuability that others did not pay attention to. I.e. ISO Auto in combination with shutterspeed, better viewfinders than the competition, better lenses at that time and the option to buy Zeiss ZF lenses (the Zeiss-Canon counterpart did not exist at that time yet).

And if you look at the product range today with D600/ D800/ D800e, you see a strong committment for the enthusast market.

Ha...I use Nikon Lenses...on Sigma Bodies...best of both worlds for me...do not need all the fancy extras the Nikons have...just need a good resolving camera and great lenses...like Micro 70-180; 105 1.8, and my Voightlanders and Zeiss for Nikon...

Oh...by the way this is a really old thread... :z04_cowboy:

Back