DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Will you shoot your own Father's Day photos?

(Dads) Will you shoot your own Father's Day photos?

• Yes, I am the photographer

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, I'm off duty that day!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smaug

DPRF-Patron
(US holiday, June 18th this year)

...or will you insist that someone else do it to "relieve you" of this typical father's duty on your special day?

I will probably shoot some candids with my GR III (Positive Film mode) and hand it off or user a tripod & self timer to get some group shots.

Weather-permitting, I will sit out on the patio grilling some meat and drinking whiskey with the other dads, then go for a boat ride, if the lake level isn't too low.

What are your plans?

Lady members, I presume you will shoot the photos?

When is father's day?

Generally, those around me try to celebrate in some way and include me, and I try to ignore and avoid such things. I just looked and the last time photos were taken of me on Father's day was 2014.

Do you take photos on father’s-day? ‍♂️Let’s be honest, after mother’s-day, father’s-day seems pretty insignificant. I think father’s-day was just another day women named so we would take them out to brunch or dinner …?. :cool: However, any photos taken, anytime for any reason - would be by me.:)

When is father's day?

Generally, those around me try to celebrate in some way and include me, and I try to ignore and avoid such things. I just looked and the last time photos were taken of me on Father's day was 2014.
Aw, that's a shame. I like to enjoy it; revel in it. It's an official day when people are supposed to acknowledge what their dads do.

Aw, that's a shame. I like to enjoy it; revel in it. It's an official day when people are supposed to acknowledge what their dads do.
I'd rather that happen every day, not just one.

I usually find celebrations of most types pretty miserable.

I'm not a father. My father passed away in 2000, my stepfather passed last week, my father-in-law passed 2010.

Although I think/remember them often, Father's Day doesn't mean anything to me personally. But, I do hope you fathers have a wonderful day!

Back